THE SUBDURAL HYGROMA IS GETTING WORSE AND I AM BEDRIDDEN
All indicators are my ventricle continues to over drain. My brain surgeon's office is trying to get me in with a cancellation. I was told if it gets worse to go back to the ER in San Antonio and the on-call brain neurosurgeon will assess the situation. I am mostly bedridden. The VA wants me to go to the local ER first to get the referral to San Antonio. I just got the last bill sent to the VA $14,000.
The VA's claim they have no one locally who can do or read the lateral head shot, or properly read the CT scan is pure BS.
The VA has an absolute policy of no emergency CT scans at the clinic. If needed they will put you in an ambulance to cross the street to Valley Baptist. The head CT scan is at most 2 minutes. Only the VA can ask the neurosurgeon at the VA in San Antonio to read the CT scan. But they will not agree to doing it at the VA Harlingen. They also claim they have no one who can read the lateral headshop. This is pure BS. I can read it. It is like a clock, and you look for a black notch associated with a time. The online chart which is readily available tells them the setting. I should be at 150. I bet I am back down to 70.
My vision is in and out. I have no control of my bladder. My gait is way off. The vertigo sensation makes it difficult to walk. In the last week I fell three times.
My brain surgeon needs to have someone locally give him an assessment. The only option is for the VA Harlingen to do the head CT scan and lateral headshot. They will not. I have verified they can ask the neurologist at the VA San Antonio to do the read and then notify my brain surgeon.
When I brought this entire mess to the worthless Congressman Vicente Gonzalez, he blew me off based on the VA lying that I can get care in Brownsville. I cannot.
I have since learned the brain shunt I have had been recalled in select patients. It seems to over drain on its own without an intervening event.
A note, I changed the diagnosis from hematoma to hygroma. The local radiologist misdiagnosed the problem. He did nothing wrong. There are so few patients with the problem it can happen. But the subdural fluid buildup is obvious to a trained eye.
No comments:
Post a Comment