Wednesday, September 9, 2026


THE PAIN HAS SUBSIDED 
    

On Monday my doctor called me and told me to be in his office first thing Tuesday.  There is a problem with my bladder.  It is my bladder and not caused by the surgery. 

The bladder was spasming from the catheter.   That was the pain.  I did very well, exceptionally well, after the catheter was removed.

I was prepared for leakage, and more bleeding.   I experienced neither. I have no reason to wear pullups. 

There is mild discomfort, but very tolerable.

I can tell you, I am having none, save one of the problems you are told you will have post-surgery for maybe 3 months. The best surgeon in the world cannot avoid the one problem I am having.  Once the surgical swelling goes down in my prostate, everything will be back to normal.

I am on the high-end of functional. I was on the very high-end of functional before the surgery. A key benefit has been to the pelvic floor.  An inflamed prostate can cause problems with the pelvic floor.  With half the prostate gone, I can see real improvement on that issue, and I like it.

 THE REAL PROBLEM IS THE SURGEON NOT PAYING ATTENTION

We need stronger regulation of these in office procedures. There were real problems during the procedure because of a lack of regulation.  The consequence was me suffering needlessly.  When the neurological block on the prostate failed, he was to redo it, or to sedate me.  Doctors strongly disfavor in patient sedation in their offices.  We see this also with sinus surgery.  

As I have said, I strongly disfavor medical malpractice.  But what is happening with the expansion of in office procedures, we have no oversight over the doctor.  There is a lot of money being made with these procedures.

Based on everything I know I think it was 100% successful.  I do not want to discourage use of this product.  But I need to know the manufacture and doctors are going to create meaningful protocols and follow them.

I need my specialist for two reasons.  Based on what he saw he can justify the advanced testing on my bladder. If the excessive scaring is verified, he can address it.  The scaring begins when the bladder cannot properly empty because of the prostate.  The procedure can make the scaring worse.  It is no one's fault.  It is to diagnose it, and do the repair.

There is also a procedure to widen the urethra and the sphincter going into the bladder.  This needs to be done as part of my long term care.

I AM BURIED IN WORK


No comments:

Post a Comment

THE PAIN HAS SUBSIDED       On Monday my doctor called me and told me to be in his office first thing Tuesday.  There is a problem with my b...