Thursday, September 3, 2026




YESTERDAYS' PROSTATE SURGERY WAS THE MOST PAINFUL SURGICAL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE

I remain in intense pain.  Sitting is very painful.  I urinate best when standing.  Gravity and such. But it is very painful.  It could be a week before I can urinate without extreme pain.

The above procedure shows how they insert a needle through the urethra into the prostate.  I was told there would be 4 injections.  He did 6 on each side. Horrific pain is an understatement.

They use an ultrasound through the rectum to get a better picture of the prostate.  Everything changed.  We finally had a good picture of the prostate.  Before the procedure they use a block to control the pain in the prostate.  It did not work, because if it did, without the block I would have passed out from the pain.

They dissolve the prostate with an injection of 100-degree solution injected through the needle.  It is 9 seconds of pure hell x6.  It burns.

The urethra did not help.  Mine is very narrow.  The numbing medicine does nothing for the pain.  In fact, when he was done, the catheter was too big to fit into the urethra.  He ran next door for another form of catheter or a device to help him put the catheter in.

It is my understanding most patients do not experience the pain I experienced.  I do not respond to pain killers.  Morphine for example does nothing for me, as an example.

THE BLADDER BECAME AN ISSUE

He had a hard time getting into the bladder.  This is why in all prostate cases you need an ultrasound through the rectum.  Overtime everyone experiences bladder damage from urine buildup.  But if not corrected in extreme cases, the patient will need a catheter for life.  My bladder has not fully emptied in years.  So, the point is, the ultrasound showed the extent of the enlarged prostate, and the damage to the bladder.

I'm back to bed.  The pain is so bad.


HERE YOU SEE THE BEFORE AND AFTER



No comments:

Post a Comment

YESTERDAYS' PROSTATE SURGERY WAS THE MOST PAINFUL SURGICAL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE I remain in intense pain.  Sitting is very painful.  I ...